Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Son de America wins a two-furlong sprint at Santa Anita Park April 14.
Launching a new business venture in the midst of a global financial crisis would be a daunting task for most people, but the connections of several new consignments at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction seemed eager to take on the challenge the weekend before the sale's July 20 start.
It took roughly six hours to get there, but a horse selling in the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. fall mixed sale finally brought six figures Oct. 6, a day marked by severe across-the-board declines for the Central Florida auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned