Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Son de America wins a two-furlong sprint at Santa Anita Park April 14.
Launching a new business venture in the midst of a global financial crisis would be a daunting task for most people, but the connections of several new consignments at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction seemed eager to take on the challenge the weekend before the sale's July 20 start.
It took roughly six hours to get there, but a horse selling in the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. fall mixed sale finally brought six figures Oct. 6, a day marked by severe across-the-board declines for the Central Florida auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th