Keeneland has elected five individuals from the Lexington community and horse industry to its Advisory Board of Directors.
Son de America wins a two-furlong sprint at Santa Anita Park April 14.
Launching a new business venture in the midst of a global financial crisis would be a daunting task for most people, but the connections of several new consignments at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction seemed eager to take on the challenge the weekend before the sale's July 20 start.
It took roughly six hours to get there, but a horse selling in the opening session of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. fall mixed sale finally brought six figures Oct. 6, a day marked by severe across-the-board declines for the Central Florida auction.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified