Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
Mid-Atlantic invader Bill Place easily won Monday's 23rd running of the $66,062 Jimmy Winkfield – Aqueduct's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill