Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
Mid-Atlantic invader Bill Place easily won Monday's 23rd running of the $66,062 Jimmy Winkfield – Aqueduct's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014