Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
Mid-Atlantic invader Bill Place easily won Monday's 23rd running of the $66,062 Jimmy Winkfield – Aqueduct's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session