Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
Mid-Atlantic invader Bill Place easily won Monday's 23rd running of the $66,062 Jimmy Winkfield – Aqueduct's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective