Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
Mid-Atlantic invader Bill Place easily won Monday's 23rd running of the $66,062 Jimmy Winkfield – Aqueduct's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont