Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
Mid-Atlantic invader Bill Place easily won Monday's 23rd running of the $66,062 Jimmy Winkfield – Aqueduct's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Ramseys Earn Record 15th Keeneland Title
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Derby Notes: Three Scheduled to Work Saturday