Bill Place rallied down the center of the track to win by a neck in the $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds, the first of four graded stakes races on Aqueduct's Wood Memorial card.
Bill Place and Wollaston Bay, who have traded stakes victories in New York both times they ran against each other, meet again in Saturday's $150,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Wollaston Bay avenged a second-place finish to Bill Place in his last race by strolling to a 1 1/4-length victory in the $70,070 Fred "Cappy" Capossela Stakes at Aqueduct.
Mid-Atlantic invader Bill Place easily won Monday's 23rd running of the $66,062 Jimmy Winkfield – Aqueduct's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature for 3-year-olds.
Most Popular Stories
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Second Straight Turf Female Championship for Tepin
- Versatile Finest City Named Champion Female Sprinter
- Ocasio Earns Outstanding Apprentice Jockey Eclipse