Bill Pape's Divine Fortune set all the pace in the $100,000 Marion duPont Scott Colonial Cup (NSA-I) Nov. 15 and drew away to a dominating nine-length victory.
A few days after the death announcement of four-time champion steeplechase horse Flatterer, co-breeder and trainer Jonathan Sheppard reflected on the life of one of the greatest horses with which he has ever been associated.
Afleet Alex, Giacomo and the others don't have a monopoly on Triple Crown action at Belmont Park this weekend, as 14 Thoroughbreds will line up for the third leg of the Steeplechase Triple Crown Sunday.
Grade I winner It's A Giggle, America's third-leading steeplechase horse of 2002, died late last week after a short bout with colic.
What do you get when you mix a Breeders1 Cup winner, a Saratoga Grade I winner, a speedy California-bred with a Grade I win, an Eclipse Award finalist and a champion? A steeplechase race at Keeneland.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot