The Hong Kong Jockey Club is working hard to recruit the best U.S. runners for the Cathay Pacific International Races on Dec. 14. Curlin is one of several Breeders' Cup World Championship contenders being pursued for the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
The New York Racing Association, currently seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, reported an operating loss of more than $7 million in December.
The New York Racing Association, which has said it might have to file for bankruptcy, today announced a reduction in stakes purses for 2006 of about $4 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Live Chat - Friday, September 26 at NOON EST
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale
- Ramseys, Brown, Castellano Top Penn Standings
- Ruidoso Unveils Integrity and Safety Program
- Lemon Drop Kid and Bill Farish
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey