The Hong Kong Jockey Club is working hard to recruit the best U.S. runners for the Cathay Pacific International Races on Dec. 14. Curlin is one of several Breeders' Cup World Championship contenders being pursued for the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
- By Tom Precious
The New York Racing Association, currently seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, reported an operating loss of more than $7 million in December.
The New York Racing Association, which has said it might have to file for bankruptcy, today announced a reduction in stakes purses for 2006 of about $4 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial