The Hong Kong Jockey Club is working hard to recruit the best U.S. runners for the Cathay Pacific International Races on Dec. 14. Curlin is one of several Breeders' Cup World Championship contenders being pursued for the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
The New York Racing Association, currently seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, reported an operating loss of more than $7 million in December.
The New York Racing Association, which has said it might have to file for bankruptcy, today announced a reduction in stakes purses for 2006 of about $4 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24