The Hong Kong Jockey Club is working hard to recruit the best U.S. runners for the Cathay Pacific International Races on Dec. 14. Curlin is one of several Breeders' Cup World Championship contenders being pursued for the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
The New York Racing Association, currently seeking Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, reported an operating loss of more than $7 million in December.
The New York Racing Association, which has said it might have to file for bankruptcy, today announced a reduction in stakes purses for 2006 of about $4 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Soumillon Scores Group II Double at Meydan
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Ladies 'Cap: Belle Gallantey Seeks Turnaround
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes
- That Handicapping Show: The Martha Washington
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction