Cinda Mahorney, daughter of former jockey and trainer Bill Mahorney, has earned her first training victory at Golden Gate Fields with 20-1 shot Lucky Gotum, who got up in the final strides to win the seventh race May 17.
Bay Meadows Race Course, whose final spring meeting ends next month, is hosting a reunion of retired jockeys and other racing personnel during its April 26 racing program, which is headlined by the $125,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew