Cinda Mahorney, daughter of former jockey and trainer Bill Mahorney, has earned her first training victory at Golden Gate Fields with 20-1 shot Lucky Gotum, who got up in the final strides to win the seventh race May 17.
Bay Meadows Race Course, whose final spring meeting ends next month, is hosting a reunion of retired jockeys and other racing personnel during its April 26 racing program, which is headlined by the $125,000 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch