Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos and author Bill Heller will be available to autograph "Above It All," the biography of the retired jockey, Aug. 6 at Saratoga.
Journalist Bill Heller and jockey Randy Romero will sign copies of their new book, "Randy Romero's Remarkable Ride," at Circa 1840 restaurant in Georgetown, Ky April 23.
In an effort to help end the slaughter of horses in the United States for human consumption, the New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the New York Racing Association have partnered to launch the Ferdinand Fee, a completely voluntary $2 starting fee for owners and horsemen wishing to contribute. The program honors Ferdinand, who won the 1986 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and was slaughtered for meat in Japan in 2002.
Jockeys injured ar Arlington...Grade I races from Saratoga on the air this weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud