Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos and author Bill Heller will be available to autograph "Above It All," the biography of the retired jockey, Aug. 6 at Saratoga.
Journalist Bill Heller and jockey Randy Romero will sign copies of their new book, "Randy Romero's Remarkable Ride," at Circa 1840 restaurant in Georgetown, Ky April 23.
In an effort to help end the slaughter of horses in the United States for human consumption, the New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association and the New York Racing Association have partnered to launch the Ferdinand Fee, a completely voluntary $2 starting fee for owners and horsemen wishing to contribute. The program honors Ferdinand, who won the 1986 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and was slaughtered for meat in Japan in 2002.
Jockeys injured ar Arlington...Grade I races from Saratoga on the air this weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff