Standing together in the annals of Derby history are the two jockeys who have won five editions of the Derby each: Eddie Arcaro and the legendary Bill Hartack.
Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races has announced the eight new members of the Charles Town Racing Hall of Fame to be inducted at the track Saturday, Dec. 15.
Eskendereya joins the likes of Gen. Duke, A.P. Indy, and I Want Revenge as early favorites for the Derby that didn't make the starting gate.
Calvin Borel, a Louisiana native and two-time winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), received the 2010 Bill Hartack Memorial Award
Former assistant racing director at Pimlico Race Course was an industry legend for promoting and transforming the Preakness Stakes.
By - Claire Novak - Members of the racing industry noted Bill Hartack's Nov. 26 death at 74 with more sorrow than one would expect, given his enigmatic reputation.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm