Everything has to fall into place for a top horse to sell well at Saratoga.
Graves is the vice president of recruiting and selections; Welker is the vice president of sales.
Kentucky Derby-winning trainer Michael Matz, Keeneland sales inspector Ryan Mahan, Fasig-Tipton sales inspector Bill Graves, and noted bloodstock agent Buzz Chace share their knowledge and guiding principles when it comes to analyzing conformation in Conformation for Performance, a DVD released by Blood-Horse Publications.
Novice and experienced horsemen alike can now gain invaluable insight into how the experts judge a young horse's athletic potential with the release of Conformation for Performance. The DVD is an hour-long, step-by-step guide for assessing conformation.
There's a lot of momentum going into the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling auction, which starts its two-night run Tuesday in upstate New York.
Fasig-Tipton has a new walking ring at its sale grounds in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The summer yearling sale season kicked off Wednesday with the Fasig-Tipton sale in Lexington, Ky. Buyers, sellers, and sales company officials offered the following observations.
Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's July select yearling sale faces hurdles in trying to continue last year's success when Its average price of $96,671 increased by 26% from 2000, and reached its highest point since 1984.
Fasig-Tipton has catalogued a record high of 604 yearlings for its Kentucky summer select sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Wednesday at Saratoga