Bill Carl, who owned Old Colony Insurance in Lexington, died the afternoon of Jan. 12.
Officials with Ashford Stud confirmed on Thursday that first-year stallion A P Valentine is experiencing fertility problems.
The effects of the current crisis resulting from mares aborting or having late-term stillborn foals are being felt on the equine insurance business. According to insurance professionals, underwriters are not accepting any policies written for barrenness or prospective foal insurance in Central Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight