The American Quarter Horse Foundation announced March 8 that it received a planned gift of $1 million from Jim Helzer, an AQHA executive committee member, and his wife, Marilyn. The donation will contribute to the foundation's capital campaign.
The American Quarter Horse Association reported that its membership reached a record level in 2001, with 333,886 members on its roster at the close of business on Dec. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake