The American Quarter Horse Foundation announced March 8 that it received a planned gift of $1 million from Jim Helzer, an AQHA executive committee member, and his wife, Marilyn. The donation will contribute to the foundation's capital campaign.
The American Quarter Horse Association reported that its membership reached a record level in 2001, with 333,886 members on its roster at the close of business on Dec. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment