The deal that would settle the 2006 racing schedule in Maryland remained elusive on the night of Dec. 21 when the Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association refused to accept the latest proposal from Magna Entertainment Corp.
William Boniface, a retired racing editor for the Baltimore Sun and patriarch of one of Maryland's most prominent racing families, died Sept. 1 after a short illness. He was 89.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile