Retired trainer Bill Badgett Jr. recently sat down in his living room and did something he had not done in quite some time. He watched a NFL game from start to finish without interruption.
C.K. Woods Stable's homebred Timo invades Calder from New Orleans for the second time at the meet as the horse to beat in a full field of young prospects on their third birthday in the $100,000 Tropical Park Derby (gr. III) Thursday.
Peter Callahan's Bevo worked five furlongs around "dogs" at Belmont Park Thursday morning in 1:00 2/5, the fastest work of the day at the distance. The 3-year-old is entered in both the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. II, Aqueduct, Nov. 23) and the $350,000 Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I, Aqueduct, Nov. 25), but trainer Bill Badgett said the Prospector's Gamble colt is more likely for the Cigar Mile.
Bevo, who on Wednesday at Saratoga completed his second bullet work in less than a week, drew post position five for Saturday’s $200,000 King’s Bishop Stakes (gr. I), in which he will face the Todd Pletcher-trained duo of More Than Ready and Left Bank.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides