J J's Lucky Train was put to the test by favored Bandbox and proved best by a neck in the $51,500 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park Feb. 26.
Four Monmouth Park-based horses with fevers who had blood tested were determined to be positive for the respiratory version of Equine Herpes Virus, it was learned late Wednesday afternoon.
New Jersey's Thoroughbred Horsemen Association has elected Dennis A. Drazin, one of the state's leading Thoroughbred owners and breeders, as president. In addition, the association has elected a new board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- CHRB Medication Rule Modifications for 2017
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet