Ol' Fashion Gal held off the late run from the 6-5 favorite Don't Leave Me to take the $154,800 Selene Stakes (Can-III) for 3-year-old fillies May 24 at Woodbine.
Squeezing through a tight opening along the rail in mid-stretch, Ol' Fashion Gal prevailed over favored Rainha Da Bateria to upset the $151,500 Jimmy Durante Stakes (gr. IIIT) Nov. 29 at Del Mar.
Bill and Vicki Poston's Jenny's So Great captured the Aug. 1 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine in dramatic fashion, rallying from last and surging to a two-length advantage at the wire.
Grade II winner Star Dabbler sired his first winner when his daughter Aba Dabbler won July 15 at Penn National in her second outing after placing in her first start.
Prohibitive choice Southern Exchange kept his record perfect in three starts with a 3 1/4-length victory in Woodbine's $150,438 Colin Stakes for 2-year-olds July 19.
Southern Exchange made it back-to-back wins to begin his career when he romped to a 4 3/4-length win in Woodbine's $146,614 Victoria Stakes over four 2-year-olds rivals competing on the Polytrack surface June 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet