Joe Baze, a patriarch of the Baze racing dynasty, heads the 2010 class voted into the Washington Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame.
Stakes winnes Biggs, Pataha Prince, and Military Hawk will vye for induction in the Washington Racing Hall of Fame.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. continued the upswing in juvenile sales seen so far this year, its April auction showing huge gains in gross and average. Also, the number of horses bought back by their consignors dropped markedly, and a record price for the sale was established.
The wild and wacky juvenile sale season continued Wednesday with yet another mark set, this time a record for the Ocala Breeders Sales Co.'s April auction.
Kaaren and Hays Biggs' Mr. Jester, sent off at 14-1 odds, rolled to the lead leaving the second turn and then held off a late challenge to win Friday's $1-million Boyd Gaming's Delta Jackpot at Delta Downs in Louisiana.
Hays Biggs, who raced several stakes winners with wife Kaaren, died Aug.12 at a Springdale, Ark., hospital after a lengthy illness
Miss Seffens, a five-time stakes winner, has been retired from racing and is booked to Fusaichi Pegasus
Miss Seffens heads a field of seven distaff sprinters in Sunday's $100,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland over six furlongs. Miss Seffens is a five-time stakes winner, including her triumph in the Storm Cat Stakes earlier in Keeneland's fall meeting. The 4-year-old daughter of Dehere has earned $479,420 thus far in her career for owners Karen and M. Hays Biggs and trainer Steve Wren.
Most Popular Stories
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity