There were five 2-year-olds entered in the $196,000 Futurity Stakes (gr. II) Sept. 29 at Belmont Park, but it turned out to be a two-horse race as fast-developing In Trouble topped favored Corfu for a comfortable win.
Trainer Todd Pletcher swept last year's Matron and Futurity stakes for 2-year-olds last year at Belmont Park with Kauai Katie and Overanalyze, and is well positioned to try it again Sept. 29 in New York.
Corfu and Wired Bryan, who put on quite a performance in the Aug. 11 Saratoga Special Stakes (gr. II), are back for a rematch Sept. 2 in the $300,000 Three Chimneys Hopeful Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Flat Out to Enter Stud at Spendthrift Farm
- Apprentice Carrasco Continues Winning Ways
- Castellano Sets North American Earnings Mark
- Shy's Aly Scores for Sire Too Shy Will Fly
- Honor Code: A.P. Indy's Last Derby Hope
- Moment of the Year Voting Now Open
- Novak at the Track: Road to Derby Retrospect
- After Market Purchased to Stand in Turkey
- Turfway to Increase Stakes, Allowance Purses
- TimeformUS: Saturday Plays