Special Rate finished strong to capture Tuesday's third running of the $93,450 Bien Bien Stakes for 3-year olds by a nose in Hollywood Park's opening day feature.
Hollywood Park will open its Autumn Meet on Nov. 11. The 30-day meet will feature a stakes schedule worth $3.6-million which will be spread out over 14 graded races, including five grade I events.
Although victorious in his only previous start over Hollywood Park's turf course, Music's Storm attracted little attention before posting a 24-1 upset in Wednesday's $73,450 Bien Bien Stakes, the opening-day feature of the track's 35-day Autumn Meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Wise Dan, Main Sequence Top Turf Classic Noms
- Average, Median Rise at Inglis Yearling Sale
- TOBA to Present Pedigree, Conformation Clinic
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- TOBA February Member of the Month