The California Horse Racing Board takes over testing for bicarbonate levels in racehorses Oct. 19, meaning that, in addition to an ongoing detention barn program for offenders, licensees whose horses exceed allowed levels for alkalizing substances face automatic purse forfeiture as well as possible fines and suspensions.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test