Assembly member Jerome E. Horton announced legislation Dec. 7 to combat illegal substances in California racehorses, in particular milkshakes.
Santa Anita Park isn't waiting for a statewide ban to make its stand against "milkshakes." Starting at its upcoming meet that begins Dec. 26, the Arcadia, Calif., track will test every horse in every race for excess bicarbonate in their bloodstreams.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Delaware, Horsemen Hope to Pay Late Purses
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine