Millionaire Roman Ruler, a leading member of his generation at two and three, has been retired for stallion duty at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
Roman Ruler, winner of the Aug. 7 Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), will stand at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington upon his retirement.
Fog City Stable partners Bill Bianco and David Shimmon are in the process of dissolving their partnership. The horses have been divided between the two partners with the exception of two -- Roman Ruler and Buzzards Bay. Roman Ruler is scheduled to start Monday in the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park while Buzzard's Bay will be sold at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky in July.
Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, the 1-20 betting favorite, took the lead on the turn and coasted home for a 4 1/2-length triumph in the grade II, $200,000 Norfolk Stakes for 2-year-olds Sunday at the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting.
Two more groups of investors, one of which includes Kentucky Derby-winning owner Mike Pegram, have expressed interest in acquiring a stake in Fair Grounds.
Grade I winner D'wildcat has been retired to Windfields Farm near Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego