Millionaire Roman Ruler, a leading member of his generation at two and three, has been retired for stallion duty at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
Roman Ruler, winner of the Aug. 7 Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), will stand at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington upon his retirement.
Fog City Stable partners Bill Bianco and David Shimmon are in the process of dissolving their partnership. The horses have been divided between the two partners with the exception of two -- Roman Ruler and Buzzards Bay. Roman Ruler is scheduled to start Monday in the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park while Buzzard's Bay will be sold at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky in July.
Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, the 1-20 betting favorite, took the lead on the turn and coasted home for a 4 1/2-length triumph in the grade II, $200,000 Norfolk Stakes for 2-year-olds Sunday at the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting.
Two more groups of investors, one of which includes Kentucky Derby-winning owner Mike Pegram, have expressed interest in acquiring a stake in Fair Grounds.
Grade I winner D'wildcat has been retired to Windfields Farm near Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Medea Seeks to Double Up in Matchmaker Stakes
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- New York Horsemen Commit Money to Jockey Fund