Millionaire Roman Ruler, a leading member of his generation at two and three, has been retired for stallion duty at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
Roman Ruler, winner of the Aug. 7 Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), will stand at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington upon his retirement.
Fog City Stable partners Bill Bianco and David Shimmon are in the process of dissolving their partnership. The horses have been divided between the two partners with the exception of two -- Roman Ruler and Buzzards Bay. Roman Ruler is scheduled to start Monday in the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park while Buzzard's Bay will be sold at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky in July.
Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, the 1-20 betting favorite, took the lead on the turn and coasted home for a 4 1/2-length triumph in the grade II, $200,000 Norfolk Stakes for 2-year-olds Sunday at the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting.
Two more groups of investors, one of which includes Kentucky Derby-winning owner Mike Pegram, have expressed interest in acquiring a stake in Fair Grounds.
Grade I winner D'wildcat has been retired to Windfields Farm near Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Potemkin Heads Wide-Open Test at Munich
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth S.
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters