Millionaire Roman Ruler, a leading member of his generation at two and three, has been retired for stallion duty at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington.
Roman Ruler, winner of the Aug. 7 Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), will stand at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington upon his retirement.
Fog City Stable partners Bill Bianco and David Shimmon are in the process of dissolving their partnership. The horses have been divided between the two partners with the exception of two -- Roman Ruler and Buzzards Bay. Roman Ruler is scheduled to start Monday in the Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park while Buzzard's Bay will be sold at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky in July.
Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, the 1-20 betting favorite, took the lead on the turn and coasted home for a 4 1/2-length triumph in the grade II, $200,000 Norfolk Stakes for 2-year-olds Sunday at the Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting.
Two more groups of investors, one of which includes Kentucky Derby-winning owner Mike Pegram, have expressed interest in acquiring a stake in Fair Grounds.
Grade I winner D'wildcat has been retired to Windfields Farm near Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Can't Hurt Shared Belief
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- What's Going On Here: A Rich Trifecta
- Health Zone: Hoof Care - Hoof Anatomy
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Slideshow: Owner and Breeder Aaron Jones
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Live Chat - Friday, October 3 at NOON EST
- Two-Time GI Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery