Jockey Beverly Burress, who led all apprentice riders at Oaklawn Park during the 2006 meet, suffered injury to her left knee in a training accident March 8 and will be out of action indefinitely. The horse she was riding in the training accident, Black Type Magic, was uninjured in the mishap.
Jockey Beverly Burress broke her arm in a spill June 27 in the second race at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile