Jockey Beverly Burress, who led all apprentice riders at Oaklawn Park during the 2006 meet, suffered injury to her left knee in a training accident March 8 and will be out of action indefinitely. The horse she was riding in the training accident, Black Type Magic, was uninjured in the mishap.
Jockey Beverly Burress broke her arm in a spill June 27 in the second race at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino.
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start