Jockey Beverly Burress, who led all apprentice riders at Oaklawn Park during the 2006 meet, suffered injury to her left knee in a training accident March 8 and will be out of action indefinitely. The horse she was riding in the training accident, Black Type Magic, was uninjured in the mishap.
Jockey Beverly Burress broke her arm in a spill June 27 in the second race at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates