The Keeneland September yearling sale's 10th session saw gains in gross and average, with a steady median, while cumulative average and median on pace to end higher than last season's comparable session.
The 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale continued to show strength at the top Sept. 17 as it rolled through its eighth day at a session that seemed to gain strength as it went.
Trainer Bob Baffert describes Executiveprivilege as "pretty special" and it was easy to see why after her impressive 3 1/4-length tally in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park July 14.
It did not take long for the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale to reach the seven-figure mark, with Mandy Pope paying $1 million for a gray/roan filly by Unbridled's Song out of Silvery Swan.
Grosse Pointe Anne, a half sister to Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Uncle Mo was sold for $400,000 to top the Nov. 12 session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection