The Keeneland September yearling sale's 10th session saw gains in gross and average, with a steady median, while cumulative average and median on pace to end higher than last season's comparable session.
The 12-day Keeneland September yearling sale continued to show strength at the top Sept. 17 as it rolled through its eighth day at a session that seemed to gain strength as it went.
Trainer Bob Baffert describes Executiveprivilege as "pretty special" and it was easy to see why after her impressive 3 1/4-length tally in the $150,000 Landaluce Stakes at Betfair Hollywood Park July 14.
It did not take long for the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale to reach the seven-figure mark, with Mandy Pope paying $1 million for a gray/roan filly by Unbridled's Song out of Silvery Swan.
Grosse Pointe Anne, a half sister to Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Uncle Mo was sold for $400,000 to top the Nov. 12 session of the Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76
- OBS Expects Solid Start for Auction Season
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful