Boosted by a $1.55 million son of Bernardini, the Keeneland September yearling sale in Lexington enjoyed an upbeat third session. The gross, average price, and median price all rose.
Memorette, a grade II-winning mare for Betty Currin, was retired following her third-place effort in the Jan. 26 Sunshine Millions Distaff Stakes at Gulfstream Park.
California trainer Bill Currin and his wife Betty acknowledge that Friday's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill will be a difficult challenge for their filly, Memorette. "I think the field is strong," Bill Currin said. "And we feel we have a superior filly. If I didn't feel I could beat Sis City, I wouldn't be here."
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner