A North Dakota betting hub has broken ranks from other creditors with claims in the complex New York Racing Association bankruptcy case, filing a federal lawsuit that demands the racetrack operator immediately pay out over $1.6 million in net payoffs it claims it is owed from wagering pools.
Stevenson and Associates is in the process of lining up potential investors for SimulTech, a company formed to operate an offshore wagering hub that would accept bets on United States racing from foreign countries.
Legislation to authorize creation of an international wagering hub was passed by the Kentucky House of Representatives April 13, final day of the 2004 regular General Assembly session.
The National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, in an effort to thwart what it believes is a growing problem with the piracy of signals and subsequent loss of revenue, plans to discuss the possibility of operating its own offshore wagering hub.
The Oregon wagering hub first operated by NTRA Services and now in the hands of the TV Games Network handled $13,033,508 for the second quarter of this year, more than double the first-quarter handle and by far its best three months ever.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale