The first foal by champion Blame arrived Jan. 13 in Pennsylvania.
Favored Mrs. Lindsay looked beaten with a furlong left to run, but the group I-winning French invader fought back along the inside to overtake local hope Sealy Hill in the $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (gr. IT) while setting a course record on the Woodbine turf Oct. 21.
Under an inspired ride by Johnny Murtagh, Mrs. Lindsay shot to the front with a half-mile to run to easily capture the Prix Vermeille Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sept. 16.
Annie Edge, a graded stakes winner and dam of six homebred stakes winners for George Strawbridge, has been euthanized at Bettina Jenney's Derry Meeting Farm near Cochranville, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer