The first foal by champion Blame arrived Jan. 13 in Pennsylvania.
Favored Mrs. Lindsay looked beaten with a furlong left to run, but the group I-winning French invader fought back along the inside to overtake local hope Sealy Hill in the $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (gr. IT) while setting a course record on the Woodbine turf Oct. 21.
Under an inspired ride by Johnny Murtagh, Mrs. Lindsay shot to the front with a half-mile to run to easily capture the Prix Vermeille Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sept. 16.
Annie Edge, a graded stakes winner and dam of six homebred stakes winners for George Strawbridge, has been euthanized at Bettina Jenney's Derry Meeting Farm near Cochranville, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- TOBA Schedules Events in Saratoga Springs
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Risk Factors for EIPH in Australian Racehorses Studied
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push for Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Sky Kingdom Returns to 1 1/2 Miles in Cougar
- A Timeline for Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training