The first foal by champion Blame arrived Jan. 13 in Pennsylvania.
Favored Mrs. Lindsay looked beaten with a furlong left to run, but the group I-winning French invader fought back along the inside to overtake local hope Sealy Hill in the $1 million E.P. Taylor Stakes (gr. IT) while setting a course record on the Woodbine turf Oct. 21.
Under an inspired ride by Johnny Murtagh, Mrs. Lindsay shot to the front with a half-mile to run to easily capture the Prix Vermeille Lucien Barriere (Fr-I) at Longchamp Sept. 16.
Annie Edge, a graded stakes winner and dam of six homebred stakes winners for George Strawbridge, has been euthanized at Bettina Jenney's Derry Meeting Farm near Cochranville, Pa.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?