Erdenheim Farm's two-time defending winner Dr. Kashnikow bids for a rare Churchill Downs 'hat trick' when he takes on a strong field of veteran turf stars in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Better Talk Now, winner of the Knickerbocker (gr. II) at Aqueduct last time out, has arrived at Churchill Downs to run in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds and up.
Better Talk Now drove past Del Mar Show and pacesetter Millennium Dragon to register a gritty half-length victory in the $150,000 Knickerbocker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Aqueduct Saturday.
Sam-Son Farm's Strut The Stage gave one of his command performances Saturday at Woodbine, capturing the $337,200 Niagara Breeders' Cup Stakes Handicap (Can-II).
Favored Honor In War and jockey David Flores wore down Della Francesca in the mid-stretch and held off a relentless Better Talk Now to post a neck victory in Saturday's $250,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT), the major local prep for the Arlington Million Aug. 16.
Skate Away and his trainer Jeff Trosclair kept their perfect record at Fair Grounds intact by winning Saturday's $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap.
Thirteen 3-year-olds get one final chance to run against horses their own age Saturday in the $100,000 Woodchopper Handicap at Fair Grounds. The Woodchopper will be contested at the distance of about 1 1/16 miles on turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos