Exchange wagering seems to be getting all the scrutiny it can handle from the California Horse Racing Board. Nearly two years after the concept was signed into law, the board decided to delay implementation June 28.
The Thoroughbred Owners of California June 1 tabled action on exchange wagering for one year and endorsed a deal proposed by The Stronach Group, leading to a strong response from Betfair TVG.
TVG has eliminated 20 positions, including some of those held by on-air racing analysts, in what was termed a "streamlining" move by the company owner, British-based Betfair.
Most Popular Stories
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont
- Interest High for Oklahoma City Summer Sale
- European Record At Tattersalls Craven Sale
- Rampart Winner Gamay Noir Heads Sixty Sails
- Australia's Rules Banning AI Upheld by Court
- Finding a Home, Filling a Need
- The Dude Returns to Charles Town
- Trommer Scores One for the Home Team