Exchange wagering seems to be getting all the scrutiny it can handle from the California Horse Racing Board. Nearly two years after the concept was signed into law, the board decided to delay implementation June 28.
The Thoroughbred Owners of California June 1 tabled action on exchange wagering for one year and endorsed a deal proposed by The Stronach Group, leading to a strong response from Betfair TVG.
TVG has eliminated 20 positions, including some of those held by on-air racing analysts, in what was termed a "streamlining" move by the company owner, British-based Betfair.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream