Exchange wagering seems to be getting all the scrutiny it can handle from the California Horse Racing Board. Nearly two years after the concept was signed into law, the board decided to delay implementation June 28.
The Thoroughbred Owners of California June 1 tabled action on exchange wagering for one year and endorsed a deal proposed by The Stronach Group, leading to a strong response from Betfair TVG.
TVG has eliminated 20 positions, including some of those held by on-air racing analysts, in what was termed a "streamlining" move by the company owner, British-based Betfair.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- Barretts January Mixed Sale Catalog Online
- Lenny's Place - Episode 7
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest