Just one day after jockey Patrick Valenzuela announced he had sold a two-month advertising deal to the offshore gambling Web site Betcris.com for $15,000, Santa Anita Park stewards informed the rider he'd be unable to wear the ads on his pants and his collar. Valenzuela, meanwhile, has terminated the deal.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, who offered advertising on his jockey pants legs and his collar for sale on the auction Web site eBay, received one winning bid for $15,000 from an offshore casino and will begin wearing the ads during Wednesday's card at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Barretts October Yearling Catalog Available