Churchill Downs Inc. has purchased advance-deposit wagering site BetAmerica, multiple sources from both companies said April 28-29.
Santa Anita Park and Golden Gate Fields are planning to limit the amount of advance deposit wagering operations that are permitted to take bets on races at the two racetracks, Scott Daruty said at a California Horse Racing Board meeting Dec. 15.
A crucial issue regarding how pari-mutuel takeout is distributed for racing in California was discussed, at times contentiously, during a California Horse Racing Board Pari-Mutuel and Wagering Committee meeting Dec. 14 at Los Alamitos Race Course.
The California Horse Racing Board took steps toward new guidelines for medication violators, during its Oct. 22 meeting at Santa Anita Park that would prevent those violators from transferring horses to their employees.
A national conversation over the legality and viability of daily fantasy sports was at the forefront of the California Horse Racing Board session Oct. 21 at Santa Anita Park.
Regulators who believe advance deposit wagering companies are not paying their fair share to the industry squared off against ADW reps who noted that added taxation could slow the success of a growing portion of the industry.
Here's a fact: Some domestic advance deposit wagering outlets are openly offering cash rebates to customers that wager on California racing signals.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint