Paraneck Stable's Redskin Warrior was a comfortable five-length winner of the $81,825 Best Turn for 3-year-olds at six furlongs at Aqueduct Saturday.
Grade II winner Smooth Jazz, a 4-year-old son of Storm Boot, will begin his stud career at Cloverleaf Farms, II near Reddick, Fla. starting with the 2004 breeding season. His fee will be $2,500 live foal.
Lightly raced Smooth Jazz beat Tank's Expectation by 2 3/4 lengths in Saturday's Aqueduct feature, the 18th running of the $82,950 Best Turn Stakes for 3-year-olds.
Put It Back led from the start under jockey Noel Wynter and beat Stake Runner by 5 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $75,000 Best Turn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct. The win was the first in a stakes race for both Put It Back and Wynter.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap