Paraneck Stable's Redskin Warrior was a comfortable five-length winner of the $81,825 Best Turn for 3-year-olds at six furlongs at Aqueduct Saturday.
Grade II winner Smooth Jazz, a 4-year-old son of Storm Boot, will begin his stud career at Cloverleaf Farms, II near Reddick, Fla. starting with the 2004 breeding season. His fee will be $2,500 live foal.
Lightly raced Smooth Jazz beat Tank's Expectation by 2 3/4 lengths in Saturday's Aqueduct feature, the 18th running of the $82,950 Best Turn Stakes for 3-year-olds.
Put It Back led from the start under jockey Noel Wynter and beat Stake Runner by 5 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $75,000 Best Turn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct. The win was the first in a stakes race for both Put It Back and Wynter.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Fasig-Tipton Horses of Racing Age Sale Offers Diversity
- Argentina Produces Jump Start's 50th Stakes Winner