Paraneck Stable's Redskin Warrior was a comfortable five-length winner of the $81,825 Best Turn for 3-year-olds at six furlongs at Aqueduct Saturday.
Grade II winner Smooth Jazz, a 4-year-old son of Storm Boot, will begin his stud career at Cloverleaf Farms, II near Reddick, Fla. starting with the 2004 breeding season. His fee will be $2,500 live foal.
Lightly raced Smooth Jazz beat Tank's Expectation by 2 3/4 lengths in Saturday's Aqueduct feature, the 18th running of the $82,950 Best Turn Stakes for 3-year-olds.
Put It Back led from the start under jockey Noel Wynter and beat Stake Runner by 5 1/2 lengths Saturday in the $75,000 Best Turn Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct. The win was the first in a stakes race for both Put It Back and Wynter.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace