Dogwood Stable's Heckle broke alertly with jockey John Velazquez and sped home unchallenged in the stretch to post an easy victory in Saturday's $110,200 Tremont Stakes (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Belmont Park.
William S. Farish, Temple Webber, Jr. and James Elkins' Mineshaft turned in an easy four furlong breeze on Monday at Churchill Downs, his first work since his narrow loss to Perfect Drift in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) on June 14.
First Winners for Menifee, Military, Sea of Secrets, Wild Wonder, Time Bandit
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC
- Nine Supplemented to Fasig-Tipton November