Lord Windermere stormed through the field in the final stretch to win the prestigious Cheltenham Gold Cup in a photo finish before a sellout crowd of 67,500 March 14 on the final day of the Cheltenham Festival
Jim Lewis' Best Mate took charge shortly before jumping the 21st of 22 fences and held off a challenge from Sir Rembrandt to win Thursday's $630,000 Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup Steeplechase (Eng-I) for the third consecutive year.
Hardy Eustace held off a late charge by favorite Rooster Booster and won the Champion Hurdle on Tuesday, the opening day of the Cheltenham Festival.
Tickets to see the Cheltenham Gold Cup are sold out, but if you don't have tickets or can't make it across the water, Aqueduct will offer its fans the opportunity to watch and wager on the race from New York.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap