Good Night Shirt completed a perfect season with a gutsy victory in the $150,000 Colonial Cup (NSA-I) at Springdale Race Course Nov. 16, running down Preemptive Strike in deep stretch to score by a neck.
A second steeplechase Eclipse Award already wrapped up, Sonny Via's Good Night Shirt aims for perfection Nov. 16 when he starts as a heavy favorite in the $150,000 Colonial Cup (NSA-I) at historic Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Reigning steeplechase champion Good Night Shirt won his fifth consecutive grade I stakes with a powerful tally in the $250,000 Grand National Steeplechase Oct. 18 at the Far Hills Races.
Eclipse Award winner Good Night Shirt is the clear favorite for the Oct. 18 Grand National Steeplechase (NSA-I)at Far Hills, N.J.
Good Night Shirt's journey to a second Eclipse Award resumes Sept. 21 at Belmont Park when he goes out to defend his title in the $150,000 Lonesome Glory Steeplechase (NSA-I). The son of Concern won the inaugural running of the 2 1/2-mile stakes in 2007 en route to year-end honors and returns from his customary summer vacation as the horse to beat.
Good Night Shirt, the 2007 Eclipse award winner as the nation's top steeplechase horse, heads a list of 10 nominated for the $150,000 Iroquois (NSA-I) at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn., on May 10.
Questions abounded over his fitness, but the three-time champion hurdler McDynamo turned back all challengers on the final turn and drew off over the final half-mile to win his fifth consecutive Breeders' Cup Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 20 at the Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan