Good Night Shirt completed a perfect season with a gutsy victory in the $150,000 Colonial Cup (NSA-I) at Springdale Race Course Nov. 16, running down Preemptive Strike in deep stretch to score by a neck.
A second steeplechase Eclipse Award already wrapped up, Sonny Via's Good Night Shirt aims for perfection Nov. 16 when he starts as a heavy favorite in the $150,000 Colonial Cup (NSA-I) at historic Springdale Race Course in Camden, S.C.
Reigning steeplechase champion Good Night Shirt won his fifth consecutive grade I stakes with a powerful tally in the $250,000 Grand National Steeplechase Oct. 18 at the Far Hills Races.
Eclipse Award winner Good Night Shirt is the clear favorite for the Oct. 18 Grand National Steeplechase (NSA-I)at Far Hills, N.J.
Good Night Shirt's journey to a second Eclipse Award resumes Sept. 21 at Belmont Park when he goes out to defend his title in the $150,000 Lonesome Glory Steeplechase (NSA-I). The son of Concern won the inaugural running of the 2 1/2-mile stakes in 2007 en route to year-end honors and returns from his customary summer vacation as the horse to beat.
Good Night Shirt, the 2007 Eclipse award winner as the nation's top steeplechase horse, heads a list of 10 nominated for the $150,000 Iroquois (NSA-I) at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn., on May 10.
Questions abounded over his fitness, but the three-time champion hurdler McDynamo turned back all challengers on the final turn and drew off over the final half-mile to win his fifth consecutive Breeders' Cup Grand National (NSA-I) Oct. 20 at the Far Hills Races in New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive