Undefeated Sorcerer's Stone took a big step toward a start in the Bessemer Trust Juvenile (gr. I) next month with a scintillating victory in the $198,500 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Futurity (gr. III) on closing day at Arlington Park Sunday.
As a third-generation horseman, trainer Thomas "Ray" Bell II is no stranger to good horses. So when Mr. and Mrs. Vicken Meguerditchian's Capitano came along, 49-year-old Bell knew the son of Belong to Me was special.
Minister Eric, prepping for the $1.5 million Bessemer Trust Juvenile, and The Tin Man, a candidate for the $2 million John Deere Turf, each worked Friday morning for Richard Mandella.
Darley Stud Management's Ruler's Court, impressive winner of the Norfolk Stakes (gr. II) at Santa Anita on Oct. 5, has been declared out of the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I).
n the latest graded race for juveniles, trainer Bob Baffert led a sweep of the top four positions in the Sept. 11 Del Mar Futurity (gr. I) on the closing-day card at the southern California oval. The effect of the seven-furlong race on the Bessemer Trust Juvenile remains to be seen, however, as Baffert said winner Icecoldbeeratreds is more of a sprinter and will be kept at one-turn races.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support