A new Pick 3 wager--the NTRA Fall Pick 3--will be offered on Oct. 5 in conjunction with the telecast of three 2-year-old races that day.
Saturday's Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga kicks off the Bessemer Trust Two-Year-Old Challenge, which offers bonus monies of up to $1.3 million.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Officer got his first feel for Belmont Park this morning, jogging a lap with exercise rider Simon Harris aboard, the New York Racing Association press office reported. Officer, who has won all four of his career starts, will be a heavy favorite in Saturday's grade I, $500,000 Champagne at a mile and a sixteenth, one of four grade I races including the $1 million Jockey Club Gold Cup. Officer arrived at Belmont Park yesterday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course