A new Pick 3 wager--the NTRA Fall Pick 3--will be offered on Oct. 5 in conjunction with the telecast of three 2-year-old races that day.
Saturday's Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga kicks off the Bessemer Trust Two-Year-Old Challenge, which offers bonus monies of up to $1.3 million.
The Thoroughbred Corp.'s Officer got his first feel for Belmont Park this morning, jogging a lap with exercise rider Simon Harris aboard, the New York Racing Association press office reported. Officer, who has won all four of his career starts, will be a heavy favorite in Saturday's grade I, $500,000 Champagne at a mile and a sixteenth, one of four grade I races including the $1 million Jockey Club Gold Cup. Officer arrived at Belmont Park yesterday afternoon.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows