On paper, Kaleem Shah's May Day Rose looks to be the best of the bunch for Calder's Azalea Stakes (gr. III). The $150,000 event is the first of four graded stakes for the Summit of Speed.
Racing from the US, Canada, France, Japan and Turkey this week! View Slideshow
R Heat Lightning, a dominant winner last time out and one of the favorites for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), is the horse to beat in the $300,000 Gulfstream Oaks (gr. II) on April 2.
E. Paul Robsham Stable's 3-year-old filly R Heat Lightning drilled a bullet half-mile in :47 3/4 at Gulfstream Park March 27 for her role as the likely favorite in the April 2 Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban