While champion Royal Delta is wrapping up her 2013 campaign with planned starts in the Beldame Invitational and Breeders' Cup Distaff (both gr. I), her connections are considering her future as a broodmare.
Racing without Lasix in search of a return to dominant form, Besilu Stable's champion mare Royal Delta cruised to victory by 10 3/4 lengths in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. I) July 20 at Delaware Park.
Besilu Stable's Royal Delta puts on an enchanting performance March 27 in Dubai, working three furlongs in :35.64 at Meydan in advance of the Dubai World Cup sponsored by Emirates (UAE-I).
During that time of year when champions are gearing up for their new campaigns, a familiar name popped up at Payson Park. Royal Delta is back on the worktab and prepping for a start in the Feb. 17 Sabin (gr. III).
Besilu's Stable's Royal Delta looks to rebound off a disappointing run in the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) when she takes on five others in the $150,000 Fleur de Lis Stakes June 16 at Churchill Downs.
Likely Eclipse Award winner Royal Delta (by Empire Maker) was purchased by Ben Leon's Besilu Stables for $8.5 million at the Nov. 8 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Benjamin Leon Jr. spent $1.3 million for an Unbridled's Song--Lady of Choice filly (Hip No. 941) from Dromoland Farm's consignment. The filly was the first seven-figure horse sold during Keeneland September's fifth session.
Mill Ridge Sales, agent for John and Jerry Amerman, sold the first foal out of Balance by A.P. Indy to Besilu Stables for $4.2 million.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%