Five stakes -- two of them graded -- worth $625,000 highlight the inaugural spring Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos Race Course.
The on-track handle of $541,636.30 was up over 2014 ($531,609.10) and the combined total handle was $5,392,680.04 compared to $4,580,023.87 one year ago.
The second summer Thoroughbred meeting at Los Alamitos Race Course begins July 2. The eight-day meet will continue through July 12, with racing conducted on a Thursday-Sunday basis. Post time will be 2:15 p.m. PT.
The inaugural Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos Race Course began successfully July 3 with encouraging attendance and handle figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- Johnsen HBPA Convention Keynote Speaker
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes