Three stakes, including a pair of graded events, worth $425,000 will highlight the summer meeting at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Five stakes -- two of them graded -- worth $625,000 highlight the inaugural spring Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos Race Course.
The on-track handle of $541,636.30 was up over 2014 ($531,609.10) and the combined total handle was $5,392,680.04 compared to $4,580,023.87 one year ago.
The second summer Thoroughbred meeting at Los Alamitos Race Course begins July 2. The eight-day meet will continue through July 12, with racing conducted on a Thursday-Sunday basis. Post time will be 2:15 p.m. PT.
The inaugural Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos Race Course began successfully July 3 with encouraging attendance and handle figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale