Three stakes, including a pair of graded events, worth $425,000 will highlight the summer meeting at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Five stakes -- two of them graded -- worth $625,000 highlight the inaugural spring Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos Race Course.
The on-track handle of $541,636.30 was up over 2014 ($531,609.10) and the combined total handle was $5,392,680.04 compared to $4,580,023.87 one year ago.
The second summer Thoroughbred meeting at Los Alamitos Race Course begins July 2. The eight-day meet will continue through July 12, with racing conducted on a Thursday-Sunday basis. Post time will be 2:15 p.m. PT.
The inaugural Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos Race Course began successfully July 3 with encouraging attendance and handle figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner