Three stakes, including a pair of graded events, worth $425,000 will highlight the summer meeting at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Five stakes -- two of them graded -- worth $625,000 highlight the inaugural spring Thoroughbred meet at Los Alamitos Race Course.
The on-track handle of $541,636.30 was up over 2014 ($531,609.10) and the combined total handle was $5,392,680.04 compared to $4,580,023.87 one year ago.
The second summer Thoroughbred meeting at Los Alamitos Race Course begins July 2. The eight-day meet will continue through July 12, with racing conducted on a Thursday-Sunday basis. Post time will be 2:15 p.m. PT.
The inaugural Summer Thoroughbred Festival at Los Alamitos Race Course began successfully July 3 with encouraging attendance and handle figures.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Celestine Seeks Honey Fox Repeat
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows