The Arqana Deauville August sale concluded Aug. 17 with records in total receipts, average, and median for the three-day auction, which launched Europe's yearling sale season.
A couple of buyers new to the European bloodstock scene helped Arqana's August yearling sale begin on a bright note in Deauville, France, Aug. 15.
- By Mark Popham
The fourth and last day of Arqana's Breeding Stock Sale in Deauville, France, on Dec. 11, saw gross sales reach 17,595,000 euros ($25,814,680), marginally up on the 17,452,000 euros ($25,604,876) in 2006. Because more mares and fillies were offered, the average slipped 7% to 33,198 euros ($48,707).
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator