The Arqana Deauville August sale concluded Aug. 17 with records in total receipts, average, and median for the three-day auction, which launched Europe's yearling sale season.
A couple of buyers new to the European bloodstock scene helped Arqana's August yearling sale begin on a bright note in Deauville, France, Aug. 15.
- By Mark Popham
The fourth and last day of Arqana's Breeding Stock Sale in Deauville, France, on Dec. 11, saw gross sales reach 17,595,000 euros ($25,814,680), marginally up on the 17,452,000 euros ($25,604,876) in 2006. Because more mares and fillies were offered, the average slipped 7% to 33,198 euros ($48,707).
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby