The Arqana Deauville August sale concluded Aug. 17 with records in total receipts, average, and median for the three-day auction, which launched Europe's yearling sale season.
A couple of buyers new to the European bloodstock scene helped Arqana's August yearling sale begin on a bright note in Deauville, France, Aug. 15.
- By Mark Popham
The fourth and last day of Arqana's Breeding Stock Sale in Deauville, France, on Dec. 11, saw gross sales reach 17,595,000 euros ($25,814,680), marginally up on the 17,452,000 euros ($25,604,876) in 2006. Because more mares and fillies were offered, the average slipped 7% to 33,198 euros ($48,707).
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill