The Arqana Deauville August sale concluded Aug. 17 with records in total receipts, average, and median for the three-day auction, which launched Europe's yearling sale season.
A couple of buyers new to the European bloodstock scene helped Arqana's August yearling sale begin on a bright note in Deauville, France, Aug. 15.
- By Mark Popham
The fourth and last day of Arqana's Breeding Stock Sale in Deauville, France, on Dec. 11, saw gross sales reach 17,595,000 euros ($25,814,680), marginally up on the 17,452,000 euros ($25,604,876) in 2006. Because more mares and fillies were offered, the average slipped 7% to 33,198 euros ($48,707).
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees