The Arqana Deauville August sale concluded Aug. 17 with records in total receipts, average, and median for the three-day auction, which launched Europe's yearling sale season.
A couple of buyers new to the European bloodstock scene helped Arqana's August yearling sale begin on a bright note in Deauville, France, Aug. 15.
- By Mark Popham
The fourth and last day of Arqana's Breeding Stock Sale in Deauville, France, on Dec. 11, saw gross sales reach 17,595,000 euros ($25,814,680), marginally up on the 17,452,000 euros ($25,604,876) in 2006. Because more mares and fillies were offered, the average slipped 7% to 33,198 euros ($48,707).
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes