An attorney specializing in estate planning says now is a good time for horsemen and others to establish tax-friendly programs that pass along assets to descendants -- but warned that time was of the essence in organizing such efforts.
Veteran jockey Cliff Berry won the 3,000th Thoroughbred race of his career Sunday at Lone Star Park when Lady Be Tru rolled to a three-length victory in the fourth race.
Cormorant, sire of 1994 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Go for Gin, died May 4 of old age.
Jockeys Cliff Berry became Lone Star Park's all-time leading rider and Ramsey Zimmerman earned his 1,000th victory Sunday at the Grand Prairie, Texas, racetrack.
A three-member panel of the Emirates Racing Authority on Monday heard the appeal of the connections of Brass Hat over the gelding's disqualification of his second-place finish in this year's Dubai World Cup (UAE-I).
Apprentice Quincy Hamilton ended Cliff Berry's run of eight consecutive riding titles at Remington Park as the Oklahoma track brought down the curtain on its 65-day meeting for 2004 Sunday.
Comic Truth made a laugher out of Sunday's $160,700 Oklahoma Derby (gr. III) at Remington Park with a 10-length triumph over favored Excessivepleasure.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo