New York trainer David Cannizzo has been suspended 45 days and fined $6,000 by the New York State Gaming Commission after three horses he trains tested positive for a painkiller.
Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) winner Mucho Macho Man towers over the competition for his 2014 debut Jan. 18 in the Florida Sunshine Millions Classic at Gulfstream Park.
- By Claire Novak
Tom LaMarra and Claire Novak talk about the claiming crown and drill down the Claiming Crown Iron Horse and Claiming Crown Jewel Stakes. watch video
The first major event of the Gulfstream Park Championship Meet will take place Dec. 7 with the Claiming Crown, a collection of eight stakes races worth a total of $1 million.
Grade I winner Emma's Encore gets her 4-year-old season started in the $150,000 Florida Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Sprint, one of two sprint stakes on the special program for state-breds Jan. 19 at Gulfstream Park.
Parent's Honor capped a big day for Ken and Sarah Ramsey at Gulfstream Park Dec. 1, taking the $200,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at odds of 16-1 to give the owners their fourth winner on the card.
Most Popular Stories
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Oaklawn Park Cancels Feb. 28 Racing
- Shamal Wind, Suavito Sprint to Caulfield Wins
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown