For Hall of Fame trainer Jonathan Sheppard, winning the New York Turf Writers Cup (NSA-I) never gets old.
Pierrot Lunaire took a big step toward a possible steeplechase Eclipse Award when he came from off the pace to overtake Divine Fortune in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I) at New Jersey's 92nd Far Hills Races Oct. 20.
Marablue Farm's Bon Fleur took the lead with an inside move on the final run down the backstretch and stayed there to win the $100,000 AFLAC U.S. Championship Novice hurdle stakes (NSA-I) at the Callaway Gardens Steeplechase Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations