W. Duncan Patterson and Edward Stegmeier have been appointed chairman and secretary, respectively, of the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission by Gov. Jack Markell.
Bernard Daney, chairman of the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission was re-appointed to the position of secretary/treasurer of the National Racing Compact earlier this month.
Following a three-hour hearing that resulted in the reduction of Eclipse Award-winning jockey Jeremy Rose's suspension from six months to 90 days, attorney Alan Foreman and Bernard Daney, chairman of the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission, reflected on the outcome.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission will issue hefty fines and lengthy suspensions for anyone caught using blood-doping agents effective April 10.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission's annual evaluation of stewards could be used as a model for other states, a commission official said.
Delaware Racing Commission Chairman Bernard J. Daney has been name chairman of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission has asked the Jockeys' Guild to explain why Eddie King, the former Guild treasurer who met the criteria to be enrolled in a health insurance plan for Delaware jockeys, is having trouble getting back into the plan for 2005.
A benefit board has been established to oversee the Delaware Jockey's Health and Welfare Fund. Delaware Gov. Ruth Ann Minner signed the bill into law Aug. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- A Few Early Thoughts on the Kentucky Derby Pace