W. Duncan Patterson and Edward Stegmeier have been appointed chairman and secretary, respectively, of the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission by Gov. Jack Markell.
Bernard Daney, chairman of the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission was re-appointed to the position of secretary/treasurer of the National Racing Compact earlier this month.
Following a three-hour hearing that resulted in the reduction of Eclipse Award-winning jockey Jeremy Rose's suspension from six months to 90 days, attorney Alan Foreman and Bernard Daney, chairman of the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission, reflected on the outcome.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission will issue hefty fines and lengthy suspensions for anyone caught using blood-doping agents effective April 10.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission's annual evaluation of stewards could be used as a model for other states, a commission official said.
Delaware Racing Commission Chairman Bernard J. Daney has been name chairman of the Association of Racing Commissioners International.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission has asked the Jockeys' Guild to explain why Eddie King, the former Guild treasurer who met the criteria to be enrolled in a health insurance plan for Delaware jockeys, is having trouble getting back into the plan for 2005.
A benefit board has been established to oversee the Delaware Jockey's Health and Welfare Fund. Delaware Gov. Ruth Ann Minner signed the bill into law Aug. 23.
Most Popular Stories
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- EquiLottery Touts Horsemen Group's Support
- Next Year's OBSC March to be Open Format
- Daddy Does Best
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays