Steeplechase jockey Bernard Dalton sustained a fractured right clavicle following a spill nearly one mile into Monmouth Park's third race June 13, a $30,000 allowance/optional claiming hurdle event.
Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Leading every step for 2 1/2 miles, 21-1 shot Red Letter Day held off the late charge from Dyunaski to score his first stakes victory in the $157,600 Lonesome Glory Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) Sept. 20 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement