Steeplechase jockey Bernard Dalton sustained a fractured right clavicle following a spill nearly one mile into Monmouth Park's third race June 13, a $30,000 allowance/optional claiming hurdle event.
Pierrot Lunaire, longest shot on the board at 48-1, took the lead over the final jump and held off a furious late charge from Spy in the Sky to win the $150,000 Lonesome Glory steeplechase (NSA-I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Leading every step for 2 1/2 miles, 21-1 shot Red Letter Day held off the late charge from Dyunaski to score his first stakes victory in the $157,600 Lonesome Glory Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) Sept. 20 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- What's Going On Here: Internal Forces