Favored Snorter wore down Yougottawanna in mid-stretch to register his first graded stakes win for trainer Bobby Frankel, winning the $94,375 Berkeley Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by one length at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Jets Fan and Gold Ruckus, who finished one-two in the San Carlos Handicap, are among the six horses entered in Saturday's $100,000 Berkeley Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress