Favored Snorter wore down Yougottawanna in mid-stretch to register his first graded stakes win for trainer Bobby Frankel, winning the $94,375 Berkeley Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by one length at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Jets Fan and Gold Ruckus, who finished one-two in the San Carlos Handicap, are among the six horses entered in Saturday's $100,000 Berkeley Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released