Favored Snorter wore down Yougottawanna in mid-stretch to register his first graded stakes win for trainer Bobby Frankel, winning the $94,375 Berkeley Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) by one length at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Jets Fan and Gold Ruckus, who finished one-two in the San Carlos Handicap, are among the six horses entered in Saturday's $100,000 Berkeley Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields.
The 2004 Breeders' Cup Stakes program will feature 113 races and will distribute $7.2 million in Breeders' Cup Funds - an increase of $800,000 over last year - to existing stakes races across the United States and Canada. Ten new races will receive Breeders' Cup enhancements for the first time.
Most Popular Stories
- Khozan Injured, Off Kentucky Derby Trail
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- Toast of New York Out of Dubai World Cup
- At Santa Anita, Prat Delivers at a Price
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Ike Walker Rules South Mississippi at FG
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing