Willmott Stable's consistent Aud, who turned in perhaps her career-best performance last fall at Churchill Downs, looms as a narrow favorite in an overflow field of 13 entered in Saturday's $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares on the grass.
Prior to May Gator's 1 1/4-length victory on Saturday in Ellis Park's $75,000 Dade Turf Classic, trainer Steve Flint gave jockey Jesus Castanon one ultimatum.
Pin Oak Stable's odds-on favorite Bedanken made it two straight over the Arlington Park turf course with a pace-forcing three quarters of a length victory in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Owsley made a three-wide move at the top of the stretch to take the lead and hold sway for a one-length victory in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday at Arlington Park.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Owsley, a multiple graded stakes winning mare, invades from New York as the 120-pound high weight for Saturday's $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired