Willmott Stable's consistent Aud, who turned in perhaps her career-best performance last fall at Churchill Downs, looms as a narrow favorite in an overflow field of 13 entered in Saturday's $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares on the grass.
Prior to May Gator's 1 1/4-length victory on Saturday in Ellis Park's $75,000 Dade Turf Classic, trainer Steve Flint gave jockey Jesus Castanon one ultimatum.
Pin Oak Stable's odds-on favorite Bedanken made it two straight over the Arlington Park turf course with a pace-forcing three quarters of a length victory in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Owsley made a three-wide move at the top of the stretch to take the lead and hold sway for a one-length victory in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday at Arlington Park.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Owsley, a multiple graded stakes winning mare, invades from New York as the 120-pound high weight for Saturday's $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications