Willmott Stable's consistent Aud, who turned in perhaps her career-best performance last fall at Churchill Downs, looms as a narrow favorite in an overflow field of 13 entered in Saturday's $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) for older fillies and mares on the grass.
Prior to May Gator's 1 1/4-length victory on Saturday in Ellis Park's $75,000 Dade Turf Classic, trainer Steve Flint gave jockey Jesus Castanon one ultimatum.
Pin Oak Stable's odds-on favorite Bedanken made it two straight over the Arlington Park turf course with a pace-forcing three quarters of a length victory in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Owsley made a three-wide move at the top of the stretch to take the lead and hold sway for a one-length victory in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday at Arlington Park.
Arthur B. Hancock III's Owsley, a multiple graded stakes winning mare, invades from New York as the 120-pound high weight for Saturday's $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil