Bernardini, Bluegrass Cat, and Strong Contender, three of the main headliners for the July 29 Jim Dandy (gr. II) and Aug. 6 Haskell Invitational (gr. I), turned in sharp breezes at Belmont Park Monday.
Darley Stable's Bernardini, runaway winner of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), turned in an easy five-furlong breeze in 1:02 3/5 at Belmont Thursday. The colt is being pointed for the July 29 Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga.
Trying to analyze this year's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) based on observations and training is not easy when you basically see only one horse train. With seven of the nine horses entered still not even on the grounds as of this writing, there is an odd precedent being set this year.
Lael Stables' Barbaro, undefeated winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), will break from post position 6 as the even-money morning line favorite in Saturday's $1-million Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day