Australian jockey Tim Clark won his first group I race on Typhoon Zed in the Galaxy Handicap at Royal Randwick in Sydney. The race was dramatic for several reasons, including Typhoon Zed's win by a nose over the improving Keen Commander.
Bentley Biscuit overcame a slow start to win the Brisbane Turf Cup (Aus-I) at Doomben on May 12, prompting trainer Gai Waterhouse to declare the 5-year-old the best sprinter in Australia.
Gai Waterhouse will attempt her first training success in England with Bentley Biscuit this summer. Bentley Biscuit secured his English trip with a second group I victory on successive Saturdays.
Bentley Biscuit rewarded the patience of his owners and collected an appropriate group I victory for trainer Gai Waterhouse on Australian Derby day April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory