Australian jockey Tim Clark won his first group I race on Typhoon Zed in the Galaxy Handicap at Royal Randwick in Sydney. The race was dramatic for several reasons, including Typhoon Zed's win by a nose over the improving Keen Commander.
Bentley Biscuit overcame a slow start to win the Brisbane Turf Cup (Aus-I) at Doomben on May 12, prompting trainer Gai Waterhouse to declare the 5-year-old the best sprinter in Australia.
Gai Waterhouse will attempt her first training success in England with Bentley Biscuit this summer. Bentley Biscuit secured his English trip with a second group I victory on successive Saturdays.
Bentley Biscuit rewarded the patience of his owners and collected an appropriate group I victory for trainer Gai Waterhouse on Australian Derby day April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance