Australian jockey Tim Clark won his first group I race on Typhoon Zed in the Galaxy Handicap at Royal Randwick in Sydney. The race was dramatic for several reasons, including Typhoon Zed's win by a nose over the improving Keen Commander.
Bentley Biscuit overcame a slow start to win the Brisbane Turf Cup (Aus-I) at Doomben on May 12, prompting trainer Gai Waterhouse to declare the 5-year-old the best sprinter in Australia.
Gai Waterhouse will attempt her first training success in England with Bentley Biscuit this summer. Bentley Biscuit secured his English trip with a second group I victory on successive Saturdays.
Bentley Biscuit rewarded the patience of his owners and collected an appropriate group I victory for trainer Gai Waterhouse on Australian Derby day April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- 'Chrome Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup Card
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line
- Fastnet Rock Filly Tops NZ Premier Sale
- Nerud-Owned and Bred Colt Wins at Big A
- Washington Owner/Breeder Paxton Dead at 76