Australian jockey Tim Clark won his first group I race on Typhoon Zed in the Galaxy Handicap at Royal Randwick in Sydney. The race was dramatic for several reasons, including Typhoon Zed's win by a nose over the improving Keen Commander.
Bentley Biscuit overcame a slow start to win the Brisbane Turf Cup (Aus-I) at Doomben on May 12, prompting trainer Gai Waterhouse to declare the 5-year-old the best sprinter in Australia.
Gai Waterhouse will attempt her first training success in England with Bentley Biscuit this summer. Bentley Biscuit secured his English trip with a second group I victory on successive Saturdays.
Bentley Biscuit rewarded the patience of his owners and collected an appropriate group I victory for trainer Gai Waterhouse on Australian Derby day April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite