Australian jockey Tim Clark won his first group I race on Typhoon Zed in the Galaxy Handicap at Royal Randwick in Sydney. The race was dramatic for several reasons, including Typhoon Zed's win by a nose over the improving Keen Commander.
Bentley Biscuit overcame a slow start to win the Brisbane Turf Cup (Aus-I) at Doomben on May 12, prompting trainer Gai Waterhouse to declare the 5-year-old the best sprinter in Australia.
Gai Waterhouse will attempt her first training success in England with Bentley Biscuit this summer. Bentley Biscuit secured his English trip with a second group I victory on successive Saturdays.
Bentley Biscuit rewarded the patience of his owners and collected an appropriate group I victory for trainer Gai Waterhouse on Australian Derby day April 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham