Two-time NSA jockey champion Dave Bentley announced his retirement at the start of the 2005 fall season. Bentley, 35, began riding in the U.S. in 2000 and won championships in 2002 and 2003.
Tres Touche took the lead right at the start of the New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Thursday at Saratoga and never relinquished it in winning the 2 3/8-miles chase by a length over Cherokeeinthehills. Odds-on favorite and defending winner Praise the Prince finished fifth.
Barracuda Stable's Tres Touche finally got a win in a grade I steeplechase, charging past pacesetter Preemptive Strike on the backstretch, and galloping off with rider Dave Bentley to a 20 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) in Nashville Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released