Two-time NSA jockey champion Dave Bentley announced his retirement at the start of the 2005 fall season. Bentley, 35, began riding in the U.S. in 2000 and won championships in 2002 and 2003.
Tres Touche took the lead right at the start of the New York Turf Writers Cup Steeplechase (NSA-I) Thursday at Saratoga and never relinquished it in winning the 2 3/8-miles chase by a length over Cherokeeinthehills. Odds-on favorite and defending winner Praise the Prince finished fifth.
Barracuda Stable's Tres Touche finally got a win in a grade I steeplechase, charging past pacesetter Preemptive Strike on the backstretch, and galloping off with rider Dave Bentley to a 20 3/4-length win in the $100,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) in Nashville Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- That Handicapping Show: Delaware Handicap
- Delaware Park, Horsemen Extend Contract
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory