Silver Hawk, a prominent turf stallion who sired 66 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Benny the Dip, who won the 1997 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and stood for a time at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., was euthanized the first week of October after fracturing a knee in his paddock at Liam Cashman's Rathberry Stud in Ireland.
While trainer Josie Carroll questioned how Buffalo Jump would handle an off track, she got the answer she was hoping for in Sunday's $164,750 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. But that could all change for Buffalo Jump this Sunday at Woodbine in the $125,000 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes