Silver Hawk, a prominent turf stallion who sired 66 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Benny the Dip, who won the 1997 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and stood for a time at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., was euthanized the first week of October after fracturing a knee in his paddock at Liam Cashman's Rathberry Stud in Ireland.
While trainer Josie Carroll questioned how Buffalo Jump would handle an off track, she got the answer she was hoping for in Sunday's $164,750 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. But that could all change for Buffalo Jump this Sunday at Woodbine in the $125,000 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017