Silver Hawk, a prominent turf stallion who sired 66 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Benny the Dip, who won the 1997 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and stood for a time at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., was euthanized the first week of October after fracturing a knee in his paddock at Liam Cashman's Rathberry Stud in Ireland.
While trainer Josie Carroll questioned how Buffalo Jump would handle an off track, she got the answer she was hoping for in Sunday's $164,750 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. But that could all change for Buffalo Jump this Sunday at Woodbine in the $125,000 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile