Silver Hawk, a prominent turf stallion who sired 66 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Brereton and Libby Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Benny the Dip, who won the 1997 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and stood for a time at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., was euthanized the first week of October after fracturing a knee in his paddock at Liam Cashman's Rathberry Stud in Ireland.
While trainer Josie Carroll questioned how Buffalo Jump would handle an off track, she got the answer she was hoping for in Sunday's $164,750 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine.
Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. But that could all change for Buffalo Jump this Sunday at Woodbine in the $125,000 Glorious Song Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown